Restaurant Marketplace – Zomato CloneOn Demand Delivery
The request was simple: Create a Zomato Clone. The market in a semi-urban area in India, had to be introduced to on demand delivery of food, and an aggregator of restaurants and eating places. Competing with Zomato was not on the cards, but providing a good alternate was.On demand food delivery and Restaurant Aggregator
The effort affected the digital presence of the growing startup and fetched it a local name, standing with Zomato and Food Panda. The fact that coupon management, order management, inventory management was all made mobile and accessible to admins, riders and users alike – was not only a relief but also a value add in the company’s planning and execution.
The biggest challenge was that the client was reluctant to join the tech wave. Too much of the work was still being recorded manually and orders were placed through Whatsapp and Facebook, which meant that the numbers took a long time to note down and then to be analyzed. Live data was also not available and decisions can only be made after all the required data and been received. This was holding them back; they knew they could corner more of the market if they had the ability to be more digital.
- Improve sales and operations and production planning:
The teams focused their efforts on a few of the highest-value S&OP levers in order to review the current planning process, identify gaps in the planning infrastructure and analytically understand demand and supply variability.
- Determining strategic places to show deals of the day:
With numerous selling factors in the same app like deals, coupons, restaurants, food, referrals – brainstorming over the UX was essential to match the offline business of the company.
- Optimize the supply chain for perfect order planning:
Diagnostics determination for workflow between rider, admin, user and restaurant owner was being handled manually and so had to be digitally transferred, keeping intact the smoothness of the flow, and erasing the gaps.
- We introduced a multi-step solution that would invite more users onto the app, and make search incremental.
- Highlighting brand points for all restaurants was a key part of a solution, so as to make it a fair game at the end of the day.
- Introducing a backend driven UI, was one major step to keep all UX scalable and loosely coupled.
The client has the benefit of generating reports instantaneously whenever needed. They can now make decisions on the fly based on the latest real time data.
The effort streamlined the order preparation process and reduced distribution transport times.
By the numbers, the effort:
- Decreased bounce by 50%
- Decreased stock accounting problems by 40% in three months
- Spread geographically, beyond the local sector.